Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
Really yummy and the combination of flavours with the salsa is a winner.
- pastry dough
- 250 g plain flour
- 75 g butter
- 1 egg
- 75 ml water, lukewarm
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 white onion
- 1⁄2 leek, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 250 g ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 sourdough bread roll, without crust
- 150 g blue cheese
- 4 roma tomatoes or 4 any ripe tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- To make the pastry- mix the flour and butter.
- Add th egg, water and salt.
- Knead to a dough and rest in a cool place.
- To make the filling- saute the onion, leek and garlic lightly in olive oil and allow to cool.
- Combine the chicken mince, egg, herbs and cream, salt and pepper and bread in a food processor and blend.
- Add to the leek mixture.
- Cut cheese into small cubes and add to the mixture.
- Mix well.
- Roll out the pastry and line a 6 hole muffin tray.
- Fill with the mixture and re-roll the remaining pastry to fit on the top.
- Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- To make the salsa- dip tomatoes in boiling water for 2 seconds.
- Peel away skin and blend 2 tomatoes.
- Chop the remaining ones into cubes.
- Place in a saucepan, over a moderate heat with the blended tomatoes.
- Add vinegar and oil.
- Serve alongside the little pies.