1/1 Photo of Blue Cheese Gougeres
Mommy Diva's Note:
An Emeril spin on a French delight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 lb blue cheese, can be any creamy blue cheese
EMERILS ESSENCE CREOLE SEASONING (use 1/8 teaspoon)
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3In a large saucepan, combine the milk, butter, salt, black pepper, and Essence over medium-high heat.
- 4Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat. Add the flour, and stir constantly with a large wooden spoon to incorporate, about 1 minute.
- 5Return to medium-high heat and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- 6Remove from the heat and add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 7Add the cheese and beat until mixed well and a slightly soft dough forms.
- 8Drop the dough by the spoonful onto the baking sheet.
- 9Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F, and bake until golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- 10Remove from the oven and serve immediately, or at room temperature.
- 11To make Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
- 12Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- 13Yield: 2/3 cup.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Cheese Gougeres
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.3
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 81.3 mg
- Sodium 1379.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 6.5 g