An Emeril spin on a French delight.
Make and share this Blue Cheese Gougeres recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 lb blue cheese, can be any creamy blue cheese
EMERILS ESSENCE CREOLE SEASONING (use 1/8 teaspoon)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, butter, salt, black pepper, and Essence over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat. Add the flour, and stir constantly with a large wooden spoon to incorporate, about 1 minute.
- Return to medium-high heat and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the cheese and beat until mixed well and a slightly soft dough forms.
- Drop the dough by the spoonful onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F, and bake until golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately, or at room temperature.
- To make Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Yield: 2/3 cup.