Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tender potato gnocchi with a delicious blue cheese sauce to die for...
- 500 g potatoes, quartered
- 1 1⁄4 cups plain flour
- 300 ml cream
- 125 g gorgonzola, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 15 to 20 minutes until tender.
- Stir through a generous amount of salt.
- Drain the potatoes well, then mash until completely smooth (a potato ricer is good for this).
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Sprinkle the flour into the bowl with one hand while kneading it into the potato mixture with the other hand, continuing to knead until all the flour is worked in and the dough is smooth.
- This should take a few minutes and the dough will be sticky at first!
- Divide the dough into three and roll each portion into a sausage that is 3/4 of an inch thick.
- Cut into 1 inch lengths and using floured hands, press each gnocchi against a fork to flatten it and indent one side (the indentation helps the sauce to stick to the cooked gnocchi).
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, and when rapidly boiling, drop in the bnocchi, then reduce the heat and simmer until the snocchi rise to the surface (this will take 2 to 3 minutes).
- Remove the gnocchi with a slotted spoon and drain well.
- Arrange on a warm serving dish and keep warm.
- Put the cream into a small pan and bring to the boil, boil rapidly, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes, until the sauce has reduced by one third.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and pour over the warm gnocchi.
- Scatter the chives over the top and serve immediately.