Recipe by Stacie Lora
Yummy! These are so good. Excellent served with as an appetizer and also especially good served with your favorite steak. * Can substitute gorgonzola cheese.
- 24 large mushrooms, cleaned and stemmed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened and cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, softened and cut into pieces*
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cream sherry (optional) or 2 tablespoons port wine (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove stems from mushrooms; chop finely and set aside.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add chopped mushroom stems, onions, and garlic.
- Saute approximately 5 to 6 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Reduce heat to low; add parsley, cream cheese, blue cheese, lemon juice, and cream sherry or port.
- Stir until cheeses are melted and well blended.
- Remove from heat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon cheese mixture into the mushroom caps, filling generously.
- Place stuffed mushroom caps on a baking sheet with sides.
- Bake approximately 8 to 10 minutes until mushrooms are cooked and cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and place mushrooms on a large serving plate or platter. Serve immediately.