Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Lately, I have been counting my calories and eating a lot of salads. I was getting sick of non-creamy low-cal dressings and I was really missing blue cheese, so I created this. It’s not too shabby for low fat.
- 1⁄2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese (crumbled)
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes (dry)
- 1 small garlic clove, mashed
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon low-fat milk (to thin)
- Combine first six ingredients in food processor.
- Add milk to desired thinness.
- Blend till smooth.
This was great, I ended up using fat free cottage cheese and reduced fat bleu cheese since that's what I had on hand. I had a friend at my party say it was the best blue cheese dip he's ever had.
Yum!!! I uped the blue cheese by a bit but other than that followed the recipe. It has a wonderful taste, is lower in fat/calories and doesn't contain a lot of ingredients that are difficult to pronounce.
This is REALLY good for low-fat. I was expecting a bit of a boring texture and flavor, but nope... this is almost as good as the full-fat version. Even my DH, who is very particular about his blue cheese dressing, gave it a thumbs-up.