Recipe by Cheryl Anne 1945
I tried this at a restaurant at a marina in Quincy Ma. It was so good we ended up ordering a second one for our group. Use your favorite blue cheese dressing. I use one from the refrigerated section at my supermarket. so easy to make you won't believe it.
Top Review by MM Margoulette
My family hates blue cheese but LOVED this. They cleaned the plate even though it wasnt ready till nearly the end of the meal. My fault per the timing. This is exceptional, Thanks for sharing!
- 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced sideways
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- garlic, coarsely ground, to taste
- blue cheese dressing (should be 1/4-inch)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread 1 tablespoon olive oil on each slice of Italian bread.
- Sprinkle a little coarsely ground garlic over oil (optional).
- Spread blue cheese dressing over oil, about 1/2 inch. Be careful not to pile it too high or it will not cook correctly and will slide off the bread while eating.
- Bake at 375°F to 400°F on ungreased cookie sheet until the dressing starts to bubble and brown. Serve hot.