Recipe by Dave Dallas
Please beware; you'll never buy prepared dressing again after tasting this quick and easy homemade recipe! Leaves even the 'premium' brands in the dust!
Top Review by LonghornMama
Yum! I love blue cheese dressing over a chilled head of lettuce salad, and this was delicious. Best the day made, but definitely allow an hour or two for flavors to blend. Tahnks for sharing the recipe!
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise, not Miracle Whip
- 6 -8 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients in bowl.
- Using a whisk, blend ingredients together - do not use a food processor as this will rob you of that wonderful chunky blue cheese texture.
- Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
- Note: I recommend using Gorgonzola which is a reasonably priced, easily obtainable ivory colored Italian cheese with blue-green veins, made from whole cow's milk. I buy the 7 ounce wedges which have a buttery texture and crumble it into the mixture by hand (messy but good).