Recipe by Your Gourmet Girlfriend
So good! Serve with potato chips, veggies, bread, crackers, chicken wings, OK almost anything! From Bobby Flay
Top Review by mydesigirl
Great dip! I used fat free milk because that is all that I had so it took a bit more flour and longer to simmer but it all came together wonderfully! Thanks so much for posting!!
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 lb blue cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the milk in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Heat the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in the warm milk, and continue whisking until thickened.
- Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Continue cooking for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese.
- If the sauce is too thick, thin it with a little extra milk.
- Serve sauce warm.