Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a "you'll never believe the low calories" recipe
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion salt
- Puree the cottage cheese in your blender with the yogurt until smooth.
- Combine with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve with raw veggie tray as a dip or a spread for crisp crackers.
The cottage cheese stayed a bit grainy in this dip, good flavor. I added a few tablespoons milk to thin the dip a bit. The best low calorie blue cheese dip I have tried so far.
I added a bit of mustard powder to bring out the cheese flavor. Also, I gave the mixture a quick whirr with the hand blender to blend some of the blue cheese in while still keeping the texture. Be sure to let it sit so the flavors can blend and develop. At first I thought the flavor was just okay, but after leaving it sit an hour or more, it was much tastier. It was a pretty popular dip, even sitting amongst more fattening options.
This low-fat dip is fantastic and was a big hit a my party! Not grainy a bit and a wonderfully rich blue cheese taste blended well with whole grain crackers and veggies. I added lemon zest (lightened up the richness) and toasted walnuts (added a bit of fat, but also a bit of crunch). This is a keeper!