Recipe by Vanessa
This came in a calendar I got from Costco! Looks great and seems quick-n-easy!
Top Review by KellyMac6
This recipe was just ok. I picked it because it sounded great and it was all stuff I had in the fridge. Unfortunately the taste was pretty bland. I combined everything in a food processor to ensure a smooth texture and used quite a bit of salt and pepper. I also ended up adding about 1/8 cup of Frank's Red Hot. I didn't use the bread serving bowl because it was just an easy week-night thing for us so I served it with crackers instead. Thank you for giving me a quick and easy dip to try! Made for PAC Spring 2010.
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, in small pieces
- 3 loaves round bread
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften the cream cheese with a spoon.
- Lightly beat the sour cream to soften it a bit.
- Cut the blue cheese in small pieces and set a little bit aside to garnish the dip at the end.
- Mix the sour cream with the cream cheese and mix well. Add the cottage cheese and lastly, the blue cheese.
- Season when everything has been blended throughly.
- Take two of the round bread loaves, cut the top off to remove the soft inside so you get a "bread bowl".
- Cut the third bread in cubes.
- In a plate, place one of the "bread bowls" and fill it with the dip you've just prepared, decorate with the bit of cheese you reserved and put the bread cubes around the "bread bowl".
- Do the same with the other "bread bowl".