Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found in the Williams Sonoma catalog. I wanted to place it here for safe keeping until I get a chance to try it. It sounds very good. Serve with potato chips or cut up veggies. Cook time is the chill time. The prep time is a guess.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Beat cream cheese on medium speed of an electric mixer until soft and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and add the sour cream and beat until well combined.
- Add the blue cheese and beat until lumps are gone.
- Stir in chives and pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Will keep for 1 week.
Nice change of pace. I took Marg's suggestion and made it the day before service. THanks for sharing.
Make sure you let this dip sit before serving it. It was good with only an hour of refrigeration but it was even better the next day when the blue cheese flavor was more prominent. The over all flavor was like a blue cheese French onion dip. Very good with crackers or chips. Thanks!
I made this for Christmas. It was really good. I altered the quantities a bit (I used less cream cheese). I also used light cream cheese and sour cream, and I garnished it with some snipped chives. Tip: Whenever I make any blue cheese dip or dressing, I add a little white vinegar and honey. You can't really taste it, but it perks up the flavor a bit. I highly reccomend trying it. This dip is especially good!