funny, i saw 2 great , similar recipes for this dish on the same day- so i combined them and the result was wonderful!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 filet mignon steaks
- salt, pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 cup red wine
- 2⁄3 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1⁄3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 6 ounces blue cheese, crumbled,divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- preheat the broiler.
- mix panko,4 oz blue cheese, parsley in a small dish, set aside.
- in a saute pan add oil and 1 tbsp butter.
- salt and pepper filets and cook about 5 mins per side for med rare, transfer to a baking dish.
- pour liquid out of pan, then add 2 tbsp butter and shallots and garlic, cook until softened.
- add wine, scraping up bits from the pan and reducing.
- add stock, rosemary and cook until reduced by half.
- stir in blue cheese. keep warm
- top each filet with blue cheese mixture, broil for 3-5 minutes until browned.
- place sauce on plates, add filets, top with toasted pine nuts.
Delicious!! Juicy tender meat with the best flavored sauce. If you enjoy blue cheese this is a great one to try. Thumbs up winner!
A very popular recipe in our house. No need to change anything on this recipe for it to be a hit.
This was amazing! I added mushrooms to the top of it. I even cheated and used bottled rosemary and parsley. Will make again for sure.