1/1 Photo of blue cheese crusted filet mignon
funny, i saw 2 great , similar recipes for this dish on the same day- so i combined them and the result was wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 filet mignon steaks
- salt, pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 2/3 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 6 ounces blue cheese, crumbled,divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1preheat the broiler.
- 2mix panko,4 oz blue cheese, parsley in a small dish, set aside.
- 3in a saute pan add oil and 1 tbsp butter.
- 4salt and pepper filets and cook about 5 mins per side for med rare, transfer to a baking dish.
- 5pour liquid out of pan, then add 2 tbsp butter and shallots and garlic, cook until softened.
- 6add wine, scraping up bits from the pan and reducing.
- 7add stock, rosemary and cook until reduced by half.
- 8stir in blue cheese. keep warm
- 9top each filet with blue cheese mixture, broil for 3-5 minutes until browned.
- 10place sauce on plates, add filets, top with toasted pine nuts.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for blue cheese crusted filet mignon
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.2
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 54.7 mg
- Sodium 854.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 12.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
filet mignon steaks