Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got these off the Pillsbury website. They were a contest winner and I can see why. Made these for Thanksgiving and everybody raved! I think these will also make a good Christmas appetizer and I plan on having these at my Christmas Eve party.
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 ounce crumbled blue cheese (1/4 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup red plum jam
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- crumbled blue cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F Spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove dough from can; do not unroll.
- Cut rolled dough into 12 (1/2-inch) slices.
- Place on sprayed cookie sheet.
- Brush top of each slice with butter.
- Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon blue cheese and 1 teaspoon pecans.
- Bake at 375°F for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine sauce ingredients; mix well.
- Arrange spirals on serving platter.
- Top each with about 1 teaspoon sauce.
- Garnish with blue cheese.
Made these for a party last Saturday they were good, and everyone enjoyed them. The next time I make them though I think I will unroll the dough and add some of the blue cheese, and pecans, reroll and then bake. They didn't have enough of the blue cheese taste for my liking.
These were delicious! I took them to a Christmas get-together, and they disappeared in a flash. I could not find plum jam, so I substituted apricot instead. I also used multi-grain crescent rolls because that's all they had at the grocery store when I went to buy them. Great recipe that I will surely make again!
Hi Little Bee, we are serving these are our coming Christmas Dinner here at the home for 180 to 230 people! They are fantastic - we had a dry run and these were inhaled in no time! They were such a hit, that everyone who tasted these asked for the recipe. We couldn't find plum jam, used currant jelly instead and crushed red pepper flakes - awesome! Thank you for posting, Diane :=)