Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are aweome with Bloody Mary's and I imagine any other drink as well. We used V8 and they were great! Sunset Magazine, 01/06.
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled blue cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal, such as Rice Krispies
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- With a mixer on medium speed, cream together cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add cayenne, blue cheese, flour, rice cereal, and bacon (if using) and beat on medium-low speed until well blended.
- The dough will be stiff.
- Roll 1-tablespoon portions into balls and place slightly apart on baking sheets.
- Flatten each ball with a fork.
- Bake until crackers are golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
These are quite the savory little cracker, will be making again. Thanks for sharing.
Very easy to make and freeze well. Great to pop out of the freezer for unexpected guests. The Rice Krispies give them a nice crunchy texture.
These were great! I'm thinking the leftovers will be great with tomato soup. Thanks for the recipe.