Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A wonderful, quick and easy meal, prep time does not include browning the chicken, this recipe is for two but may be doubled if desired.
- 1⁄2 lb blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- seasoning salt (to taste) or white salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Season the chicken with seasoned salt and pepper; then coat in flour.
- Roll floured chicken breasts in the beaten egg, then coat in breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil and butter in a medium skillet; brown the breasts on both sides.
- Place in baking dish; set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the blue cheese, sour cream and garlic.
- Pour over the chicken breasts in the dish.
- Cover, and bake for 35 minutes, or until the chicken is done.
Loved this. Very easy to make. However, I doubled the recipe and had far too much sauce. Next time, I'll leave the sauce as is and just double the chicken. DH really, really liked this. Served with rice which was a good choice.