Recipe by Kaccy G.
Here is a tasty Caesar salad that can be an addition to any Italian meal or as a main dish by adding chicken breast or shrimp, either way it is a total delight!
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 egg yolks or 1 egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch pepper, ground
- 1 cup olive oil, pure
- 1⁄4 cup gorgonzola, crumbled, extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grtaed
- 12 cups romaine lettuce, torn, lightly packed (about 2 heads)
- 3⁄4 lb chicken breasts, shredded (optional) or 3⁄4 lb shrimp, peeled and cooked (optional)
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated, plus extra for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, egg yolk, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper in a blender and blend until well mixed.
- While the machine running, add the olive oil, by drops, as the mixture emulsifies, in a thin, steady stream until all the oil is incorporated.
- Pulse in the Gorgonzola to taste (the riper the cheese, the less you will need) and the Parmesan.
- Scrape into a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until needed. About 1 1/3 cups. (The dressing keeps, refrigerated, for 2 to 3 days.).
- Put the lettuce in a bowl with the chicken or shrimp, if using. Pour the dressing over and toss well.