Here is a tasty Caesar salad that can be an addition to any Italian meal or as a main dish by adding chicken breast or shrimp, either way it is a total delight!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 egg yolks or 1 egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch pepper, ground
- 1 cup olive oil, pure
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola, crumbled, extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grtaed
- 12 cups romaine lettuce, torn, lightly packed (about 2 heads)
- 3/4 lb chicken breasts, shredded (optional) or 3/4 lb shrimp, peeled and cooked (optional)
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated, plus extra for garnish
- 1Put the vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, egg yolk, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper in a blender and blend until well mixed.
- 2While the machine running, add the olive oil, by drops, as the mixture emulsifies, in a thin, steady stream until all the oil is incorporated.
- 3Pulse in the Gorgonzola to taste (the riper the cheese, the less you will need) and the Parmesan.
- 4Scrape into a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until needed. About 1 1/3 cups. (The dressing keeps, refrigerated, for 2 to 3 days.).
- 5Put the lettuce in a bowl with the chicken or shrimp, if using. Pour the dressing over and toss well.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Cheese Caesar Salad With Chicken or Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.5
- Calories from Fat 547
- Total Fat 60.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 62.3 mg
- Sodium 327.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: