Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found on Napa Style website. Also delicious with chicken as an entree.
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 6 anchovy fillets (if watching salt intake, rinse and pat dry with paper towels)
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup pure olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 6 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 2 heads romaine lettuce (1 head separated into leaves, 1 head thinly sliced)
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Put the vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, egg yolk, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, anchovies, and pepper in a blender and blend until well mixed.
- With the machine running, add the olive oil, at first by drops and then, as the mixture emulsifies, in a thin, steady stream until all the oil is incorporated.
- Pulse in 3/4 of the Gorgonzola and the Parmesan. Scrape into a bowl. Fold in the remaining Gorgonzola. Cover, and refrigerate until needed. You should have about 1 1/3 cups. (The dressing keeps, refrigerated, for 2 to 3 days.)
- Place the shredded romaine and iceberg in a large bowl and toss with the dressing. Lay the romaine leaves on a platter. Place a few tablespoons of the salad onto the leaves and garnish with additional cheese.