Recipe by Tish
For a cremier version, prepare the dressing in a blender or food processor using all the blue cheese and blending until smooth. If you want you can also add a sprinkling of bacon bits.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, rinsed,dried,broken into bite size pieces
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovy fillets, drained,chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2⁄3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups croutons (I prefer Pumpernickel Croutons-posted separately)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk garlic, anchovies, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise, and half the blue cheese in a medium bowl until blended.
- Continue whisking while adding oil in thin stream until thickened.
- Cover and chill for several hours if desired; reblend if necessary.
- Toss crisp letuec in very large salad bowl with dressing until thoroughly coated.
- Add croutons and remaining blue cheese and toss again.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.