Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
For a cremier version, prepare the dressing in a blender or food processor using all the blue cheese and blending until smooth. If you want you can also add a sprinkling of bacon bits.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, rinsed,dried,broken into bite size pieces
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovy fillets, drained,chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2⁄3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups croutons (I prefer Pumpernickel Croutons-posted separately)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Whisk garlic, anchovies, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise, and half the blue cheese in a medium bowl until blended.
- Continue whisking while adding oil in thin stream until thickened.
- Cover and chill for several hours if desired; reblend if necessary.
- Toss crisp letuec in very large salad bowl with dressing until thoroughly coated.
- Add croutons and remaining blue cheese and toss again.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.
This was great. Very creamy and RICH!! We grilled some chicken and added to the salad. Very, very good!!
Very good caesar salad! Omitted anchovies, kept everything else as is. I used English Stilton, which is the ultimate in blue cheeses.