Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
Rich, flavorful blue cheese butter melts deliciously over grilled steak.
Top Review by Peter J
Quick and delicious! I used some T-bone steak instead of rib eye and while there was a tad more butter than I'd normally use for just the steaks the extra was great stirred into a few vegies.
- 4 tablespoons blue cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened (not margarine)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small garlic cloves, minced or 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 rib eye steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill for 5 minutes to medium-high. combine first 5 ingredients in small bowl. Spoon onto sheet of waxed paper. Shape into 4 inch long log. Wrap with waxed paper. Place in freezer until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle both sides of steaks with pepper. cook on greased grill for 5 to 6 minutes per side until desired doneness. Transfer to large plate. Cover with foil. Let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile unwrap blue cheese log. Cut into 4 equal pieces. Place 1 steak on each of 4 plates. Top each with 1 blue cheese butter slice.
- Note: Steaks may be broiled in oven. Place on greased broiler pan. Broil about 4 inches from heat in oven for about 5 minutes per side until desired doneness.