Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy and very yummy Gorgonzola butter. Ideal for serving with a nice juicy steak. You can use any soft blue cheese for this that you fancy.
- 50 g unsalted butter, softened
- 50 g gorgonzola
- 25 g walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Make sure the butter is soft.
- Put the butter, gorgonzola, finely chopped walnuts and chopped parsley into a bowl and beat well.
- Season to taste.
- Get yourself a square piece of greeceproof paper about 10 x 10 inches.
- Make it damp by running your hand under a tap then smooth over the paper.
- Now put the butter mixture along one side in a nice fattish log shape.
- Carefully roll up into a sausage shape - keeping the mixture tight and like a sausage.
- Twist the ends of the paper like your making a christmas cracker.
- Put into the fridge to set - just before your steak is ready remove from the fridge and cut into slices - put a slice or a couple of slices on top of each steak.
- Serve imeadiately.
An excellent butter for steak. Since I was making this for me, I cut the recipe in half and didn't add the walnuts. I loved it but DH is not a big fan of strong cheese, so he passed on it. I will store the rest in the freezer for the next time I have steak!!!
A delightful treat! Certainly not an everyday necessity, and one of us who doesn't care for sharp flavors didn't like the blue cheese either; but most of us loved it. (We used common American blue cheese in place of Gorgonzola.) An elegant touch, and an adventure since we had never seen anything like this on steak before. Added footnote: This ROCKS on a slice of toasted dark rye bread. Made for PAC April 2008.