Prep 1 hr
Cook 12 mins
The upscale taco...recipe from "300 Best Taco Recipes" by Kelley Cleary Coffeen. You'll need a little extra time for the Red Onion Salsa to marinate.
- 1 lb extra-lean ground sirloin
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt, like McCormick Seasonal
- fresh ground black pepper
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed (6-8", inch each)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- red onion salsa (recipe below)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
Red Onion Salsa
- 1 red onion, minced
- 1 onion, minced (white or yellow)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced flat leaf parsley or 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté ground meat, breaking up meat with a spoon, until meat is browned and no longer pink, about 12 minutes. Season with seasoning salt and pepper to taste. Drain off excess fat.
- To build tacos, divide meat equally among tortillas. Top with blue cheese, Red Onion Salsa and lettuce. Fold tortillas in half. Note: Tortillas maybe warmed in a hot skillet stovetop.).
- To Make Red Onion Salsa: In a large bowl, combine red onion, onion, lemon juice, lime juice, oil and parsley (or cilantro). Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour or for up to 24 hours.