Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 mins
Easy! Taken from "Simply Sarasota Creatively Casual Cuisine" by The Junior League of Sarasota. These may be served with a meal, salad or as an appetizer.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 (10 count) can refrigerated biscuits, cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Pour melted butter into 9 inch round baking dish, tilting the dish to ensure even coverage.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the butter.
- Arrange the biscuits quarters in a circle beginning at the outer edge and working toward the center.
- Bake for 11 minutes or until golden brown.
These were so simple to make and tasted really good...although I think you have to REALLY like blue cheese to like these! :) I do, but still only used about 3 oz instead of the full 4 oz originally called for, as I too had a good-quality blue cheese. DH discovered he does NOT like blue cheese...lol! All in all, a great recipe and very yummy! Congrats on your win! Made for Football Pool Game, Week 4.
Made as directed but for presentation, we flipped it over onto a serving plate before slicing. This is a very simple recipe that we served for brunch with Cranberry Orange Fruit Dip. The fresh fruit complimented the biscuits quite well. This simple recipe has great flavor, but using a high-quality bleu cheese, it was just a tad overwhelming. Next time we will try melting the bleu cheese in with the butter, and using about half the cheese called for as the buttery cheese biscuits are quite delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)