Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Put it all in together and mix. How easy can it get. The mixture of cheeses makes this different to other cheese balls. Don't be afraid to add some cayenne or paprika for heat. Preparation time does not include chill time.
- 250 g cream cheese, room Temp
- 125 g blue cheese, crumbled
- 125 g cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons mustard, I use Dijon-style
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely Chopped
- 2⁄3 cup currants
- 3⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- Place the cream cheese, blue cheese, cheddar cheese, mustard,Worcestershire, garlic powder, and salt in a mixer bowl and beat at low speed just until well mixed. Stir in the pecans and currants.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Refrigerate the cheese mixture for 30 minutes or until slightly firm, then shape into a ball. Roll in the finely chopped parsley to coat evenly and well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Place on a platter surrounded with crackers and thinly sliced apple wedges.