Blue Cheese & Bacon Stuffed Turkey Burgers
- Chop bacon strips into 1/2 inch pieces. Cook bacon pieces over medium to medium high heat, until evenly browned. Drain bacon pieces and discard fat. Set bacon aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine turkey, salt and garlic.
- Divide turkey into 8 equal pieces and form into thin patties.
- Layer four of the patties with blue cheese crumbles and bacon. Top with another turkey patty.
- Press patties together firmly but gently. Be sure to seal the edges of the patties together to avoid burgers falling apart during cooking.
- Cook burgers on a grill skillet, or grill pan until nicely browned and have reached a minimum internal temperature of 165°F Allow burgers to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Place burger on a large bun and layer with mayonnaise, arugula, onion, and tomato. Garnish with fresh cracked black pepper.