Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Blue cheese and bacon stuff burgers on a toasty bun.
Make and share this Blue Cheese & Bacon Stuffed Turkey Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, grated
- 8 slices hickory smoked pepper bacon or 8 slices regular smoked bacon
- 2 -4 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 4 large hamburger buns, toasted (flour or whole wheat)
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- sliced onion
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- fresh ground black pepper
- Chop bacon strips into 1/2 inch pieces. Cook bacon pieces over medium to medium high heat, until evenly browned. Drain bacon pieces and discard fat. Set bacon aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine turkey, salt and garlic.
- Divide turkey into 8 equal pieces and form into thin patties.
- Layer four of the patties with blue cheese crumbles and bacon. Top with another turkey patty.
- Press patties together firmly but gently. Be sure to seal the edges of the patties together to avoid burgers falling apart during cooking.
- Cook burgers on a grill skillet, or grill pan until nicely browned and have reached a minimum internal temperature of 165°F Allow burgers to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Place burger on a large bun and layer with mayonnaise, arugula, onion, and tomato. Garnish with fresh cracked black pepper.