Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have not cooked these myself, but have eaten them. They are great. They were brought by a friend to an office party and, of course, we all had to have the recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 pieces bacon, crumbled
- 6 eggs
- 8 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Bring water and butter to a boil over med.
- Stir in flour, salt and peppers with a wooden spoon until mixture leaves the sides of pan and forms a soft ball.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add Cheese, onion& bacon.
- Dip by teaspoonful onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake@ 400 F for 20 to 25 minutes.
WONDERFUL!!! I made these today and tried them out on friends and everyone loved them - even the kids. I was worried about the whole puff thing but the recipe went together perfectly without any problems. I used my small cookie scooper to drop them on the baking sheet and that made nice uniform puffs. I baked them at 375 in a convection oven and it took exactly 20 minutes for them to be perfectly done. One note - their taste actually improved as they sat rather than eating them right out of the oven. So I'm thinking it will be a good make earlier in the day appetizer. They are on the menu for our next gourmet dinner club night! Thanks for sharing!
These are very good. It was easy to halve the recipe for my little Easter get-together and it's nice to be able to make them ahead of time because they DO get better upon sitting for a while. Thanks Jellyqueen, good recipe!
I make these and freeze them to have a quick appetizer on hand.