Recipe by Patti McD
My mother got this originally from a magazine many years ago. It was a birthday celebration staple for many years in our family.
- 8 baking potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 dashes pepper
- 8 slices bacon, crisp
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub potatoes with shortening.
- Bake at 400 for 1 hour.
- Cut a lengthwise slice from the top of each potato.
- Scoop out the inside from each and mash.
- Add sour ceam, blue cheese, milk, butter salt and pepper to mashed potatoes.
- Beat with electric mixer until fluffy.
- Spoon mixture into potato shells.
- Return to oven for 15 minutes, or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with bacon.