Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
So much better than bottled dressing and very easy to put together. From Taste of Home.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1⁄4 cup minced chives
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, vinegar, sugar, salt, garlic powder and pepper until blended.
- Stir in the blue cheese, bacon and chives.
- Cover and refrigerate.
This is delicious! I did add fresh garlic and a bit more pepper as personal preferences.
After trying many recipes, I've finally found "the" one that appeals to my picky blue cheese dressing connoisseur of the house. He made a meal of this, even though we had lots of other stuff for dinner. If one of my kids is happy, so am I. Didn't change a thing--thanks so much for this keeper, Marie. Oh, everyone else here liked it too--we just didn't make gluttons out of ourselves like that one did.
THIS DRESSING IS WONDERFUL! I have never liked blue cheese dressing, which is a problem because my husband loves it. I actually liked this one. I made this exactly per the recipe except for doubling the black pepper since my husband loves it so much. Thank you Marie.