Prep 36 mins
Cook 20 mins
A hit at holiday get-togethers! From Southern Living.
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 7 bacon, slices chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake walnuts in single layer in an shallow pan for 6-8 minutes or until toasted and fragrant., stirring after 3 minutes.
- Cook bacon in skillet over medium high heat, stirring often, 10 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tbsp drippings in skillet. Add minced garlic to hot drippings and saute for 1 minute.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add half-and-half, beating until combined. Stir in bacon, garlic, blue cheese, and chives. Spoon mixture into 1 quart baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Serve with assorted crackers.
I just took this out of the oven about 30 minutes ago, all I can say is "Awesome". My husband loved it!!! I am taking this to the next covered dish function that I attend!! Thank you for posting this! Jan