Melanie B.'s Note:
My husband and I had burgers at a restaurant once that had blue cheese and bacon. It was so good, so I attempted to make our own. After lots of trial and error, I've got the recipe down. I typically make the burgers and freeze them for future use. The blue-cheese butter freezes well too for steaks or other uses.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package of crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef (the 75/25 or 85/15 works best...but you can use a leaner meat since there's so much butter in the re)
- 1 egg, mixed
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, unseasoned
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, fresh chopped (you can also add some chives)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 lb bacon, get a good thick deli sliced one or 1 lb pepper bacon
- 1Mix together the softened butter and blue cheese until well mixed. Roll into a log about 2-3 inches in diameter and wrap in Parchment paper. Refrigerate until hardened. You can also freeze if you don't plan to use for a while.
- 2Once the butter is hardened, mix together the remaining ingredients in a large bowl by hand. Form the meat into 4-6 balls (depending on how big you want your burgers).
- 3Slice 1/2 inch slices from hardened blue cheese/butter log. Place each butter/blue cheese circle into the middle of the burger ball and press into middle, shaping into a thick burger shape. Repeat for all remaining burgers. Ensure that butter/blue cheese is sealed into the middle of the meat. Grill burgers until desired doneness.
- 4Cook bacon as usual on stove or oven. If you have non-peppered bacon, add a generous amount of pepper before cooking.
- 5Serve burgers on your favorite bun with bacon. Add your favorite toppings -- fresh tomatoes, lettuce, extra blue cheese, ketchup, mustard, extra blue cheese, etc.
- 6These are awesome! I love to make them huge -- 1/3 to 1/2 pounders and serve without a bun and have a salad as a side dish. They are so yummy!
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Cheese & Bacon Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1335.5
- Calories from Fat 1058
- Total Fat 117.5 g
- Saturated Fat 52.6 g
- Cholesterol 349.2 mg
- Sodium 2081.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 59.7 g