Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My husband and I had burgers at a restaurant once that had blue cheese and bacon. It was so good, so I attempted to make our own. After lots of trial and error, I've got the recipe down. I typically make the burgers and freeze them for future use. The blue-cheese butter freezes well too for steaks or other uses.
- 1 (8 ounce) packageof crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef (the 75/25 or 85/15 works best...but you can use a leaner meat since there's so much butter in the re)
- 1 egg, mixed
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, unseasoned
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, fresh chopped (you can also add some chives)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 lb bacon, get a good thick deli sliced one or 1 lb pepper bacon
- Mix together the softened butter and blue cheese until well mixed. Roll into a log about 2-3 inches in diameter and wrap in Parchment paper. Refrigerate until hardened. You can also freeze if you don't plan to use for a while.
- Once the butter is hardened, mix together the remaining ingredients in a large bowl by hand. Form the meat into 4-6 balls (depending on how big you want your burgers).
- Slice 1/2 inch slices from hardened blue cheese/butter log. Place each butter/blue cheese circle into the middle of the burger ball and press into middle, shaping into a thick burger shape. Repeat for all remaining burgers. Ensure that butter/blue cheese is sealed into the middle of the meat. Grill burgers until desired doneness.
- Cook bacon as usual on stove or oven. If you have non-peppered bacon, add a generous amount of pepper before cooking.
- Serve burgers on your favorite bun with bacon. Add your favorite toppings -- fresh tomatoes, lettuce, extra blue cheese, ketchup, mustard, extra blue cheese, etc.
- These are awesome! I love to make them huge -- 1/3 to 1/2 pounders and serve without a bun and have a salad as a side dish. They are so yummy!
I fixed the Blue Cheese & Bacon Burger for supper tonight. My husband and I thought they were very good. Our kids were here also, and did not care for the blue cheese as much. They suggested I experiment with another kind of cheese. Overall they were very good. Thanks for posting this recipe.