Recipe by Bonnie G #2
Found this recipe on the back of a box of blue cheese and decided to try it. It's a nice blend of flavors and really sets off the asparagus and simple to make. Love that the asparagus is not over cooked and so fresh tasting;I guessed at the size can of mandarin oranges as don't have it handy. I used a small can as didn't want it to sweet - but there's a larger one if you prefer. I did add a teaspoon of balsamic vinager to mine for a little bit of bite, but since the original recipe did not call for it I left it out. Hope you like it.
- 2 lbs asparagus
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained, juices reserved
- 1 tablespoon mandarin orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a large bowl with ice water. Set aside.
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add asparagus and cook until crisp-tender.
- Drain asparagus and plunge into ice bath for 1 minute, then drain and set aside.
- Whisk together orange juice and olive oil.
- Toss asparagus, blue cheese and oranges together and drizzle over dressing.
- Toss gently and sprinkle with salt to taste.