Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This tart can be made a day in advance, then baked just before serving. It's equally at home as an appetizer or, paired with the right dessert wine, the final course of an elegant meal.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Scatter chives and toasted walnuts over bottom of pre-baked tart shell. Place shell on baking sheet and set aside.
- Beat eggs. Add cream and mix until smooth. Crumble blue cheese into cream mixture and mix until relatively smooth with no large lumps of cheese.
- Pour custard evenly into the tart shell, filling it to the top.
- Distribute any lumps of cheese, walnuts and chives evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until browned and puffed.
- Tart will collapse and firm as it cools.
- Serve at room temperature as an appetizer or dessert course.