Recipe by evelyn/athens
Make this potato salad for your next bbq, but don't leave it there - this can also sit comfortably next to a good piece of simply roasted meat.
Top Review by sugarpea
Yum. This is quite different from the potato salad I'm used to eating, but I liked it. The blue cheese and potatoes are especially nice together. Only substitution I made was to use fat free sour cream instead of yogurt because that's what I had on hand. I will cut back on the lemon juice a bit next time.Thanks evelyn.
- 2 lbs small red potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 5 ounces blue cheese (about ½ cup)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped coarse,toasted lightly and cooled
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped dill pickle
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a steamer set over boiling water, steam potatoes, covered, for 8-10 minutes, or until they are just tender.
- Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- In a blender, puree cheese with mayonnaise, yoghurt, lemon juice and season to taste.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the potatoes and top with dressing.
- Toss until combined well.