Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another one from Emeril Lagasse. Goes with the Potato, Onion, and Roquefort Soup I posted on this site.
- 5 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled (or other creamy blue cheese)
- 5 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 4 teaspoons tawny port
- 7 teaspoons chopped walnuts
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 8 crumpets or 8 English muffins, split
- 16 walnut halves
- In a bowl, cream together the cheese and butter.
- Add the Port, walnuts, and salt, and mix until creamy.
- Lightly toast each crumpet or muffin half.
- Spread about 1 heaping tablespoon of the cheese mixture onto each of the 16 crumpet or muffin halves and top each with half a walnut.
- Toast until just bubbling.
- Serve with the Potato, Onion, and Roquefort Soup.
Wow, this was so good, even using lite blue coy cheese and Smart Balance! I used ruby port, since that is what I have in the house. Next time I will at least double the nuts. I tried one with a crumpet and one with a whole wheat English muffin, and the crumpet was far superior. I think if this were a snack you might eat just one, but plan on two if it is for breakfast (great paired with grapes) or to accompany dinner. Decadent and delicious, a real keeper!