Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This can be made up 8 hrs ahead of time then reheat.
- 3 lbs russet potatoes, peeled cut into 1 in cubes
- 2 cups crumbled cream blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk, heated (or more)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- Cook potatoes in a large pot of salted boiling water until very tender about 15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and return to pot.
- Add cheese and milk mash until smooth adding more milk if necessary.
- Stir in rosemary.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
I agree with the poster who said that the recipe calls for too much blue cheese--I put in about 2/3 of the amount and it was perfect.
I scaled this down for the two of us and added just enough blue cheese to give it a nice flavor, but I can't imagine using a full 2 cups of blue cheese in this recipe without it overpowering it.
REALLY wonderful flavor to these potatoes. I scaled the recipe back for 2 servings & used skim milk and gorgonzola cheese as this is what I had on hand. The combination of the rosemary and blue cheese is just great together and perfectly complimented the creaminess of the potatoes. Thank you Samantha for sharing the recipe.