Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the most amazing dip that is also wonderful spread on grilled steaks and burgers and also wonderful served on the side with raw veggies --- fresh garlic may be used, but be cautious only to use a small amount 1 teaspoon minced or less of fresh will do fine as it will overpower the other ingredients, I use about 1 tablespoon roasted for this, start by adding in a small amount at a time, and increase the amount of roasted garlic (fresh or roasted) as this dip gets stronger when left left to chill for the full 24 hours, so you might want to start with a small amount of garlic and add in more the following day if desired --- this is a dip I created years ago and still serve it today at get togethers it is the first to completey go so I always make a double batch --- gorgonzola cheese can be replaced with blue cheese for a milder flavor --- plan ahead this dip needs to chill 8-24 hours before using, you may adjust all ingredients to taste, if you prefer a more creamy dip increase the sour cream slightly, but start with the stated amounts, you will love this dip! :)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup blue cheese, finely crumbled (can use Roquefort in place of blue cheese)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (use mayo not salad dressing for this)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 -3 green onions, finely chopped (yellow onions can be used, but green is better)
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic (1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic can be used in place of the roasted, start with stated amounts and ad)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 -2 drop Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- black pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Using an elctric hand mixer mix until well blended.
- Cover and chill for 8-24 hours or up to 3 days.
This was a wonderful tasting dip/spread. We love blue cheese so it was right down our alley. The roasted garlic just made it. We'll be using this from now on. Thanks for posting this little gem of a recipe.
Lovely dip. I only made one cup but what a delight. I probably used more garlic than called for, but we love garlic. We had it with both crackers and a little with our steaks.
Was looking for something to use up some blue cheese that would also help dilute the blue cheese flavour for a work shout. Blue cheese lovers enjoyed/loved this, non blue cheese fans were still not converted. I used 75g creamy blue cheese, 1/4 cup Mayo and Sour Cream eacg, 1 tsp minced Garlic, 1/2 cup Cream Cheese, about 2-3 Tbsp sliced spring onions & 5 drops Tabasco, freshly ground black pepper. Chill overnight and served with carrots and crackers. Thanks from the blue cheese lovers.