Top Review by L DJ
This was wonderful, didn't have greens for salad, but was hungry for blue cheese. Served it with steamed asparagus, whole string beans, sliced zucchini, fennel and garnished with thumb tomatoes.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried fennel
- 1 dash white pepper, ground
- 1 cup portabella mushroom, thinly sliced (1 large)
- 1 1⁄2 cups blue cheese (1-2 ounces)
- 2 cups harvest vegetables, grilled or roasted (red peppers, squash, asparagus, etc.) or 2 cups pasta
- parsley, Freshly chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add butter to 12-inch non-stick skillet. Saute shallots over low heat until transparent, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Add sherry, chicken broth, salt, fennel and pepper.
- Simmer 2-3 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Add mushrooms.
- Cook until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove pan from heat. Crumble blue cheese over mixture and lightly toss.
- Spread mixture over vegetables or pasta.
- Garnish dish with chopped parsley.
- * Note: To roast vegetables, cut into equal sizes. Spread out vegetables on pan in single layer, lightly drizzle with olive or canola oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast under broiler 10-15 minutes until blackened spots appear on vegetables.