Recipe by Tisme
I always seem to have plenty of recipes filed away for blue cheese.....don't ask me why my family doesn't even eat it! But I quite often make recipes to take when going out. This recipe was loved by all served when served with a cheese platter.
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
These were a complete hit at an afternoon tea. They are so quick and easy to make, and have a wonderful texture that is rather like shortbread. Would also be perfect as a nibbly to go with a glass of red wine. Guess I'd better go make some more.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 100 g cold butter, chopped
- 75 g blue cheese, mild and soft full-fat, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Process the flour, butter and cheese until mixture forms a soft ball.
- Shape mix into a log (4cm in diameter) place log in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm.
- Remove log from plastic, roll in poppyseeds, cut into 5mm slices (rounds) & place the rounds about 3cm apart on ungreased oven trays. Sprinkle rounds with a little sea salt.
- Bake rounds in a moderately hot oven for approx 15 minutes or until lightly browned, cool on trays before removing.
- Store in airtight container for 3-4 days.