Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
I always seem to have plenty of recipes filed away for blue cheese.....don't ask me why my family doesn't even eat it! But I quite often make recipes to take when going out. This recipe was loved by all served when served with a cheese platter.
- Process the flour, butter and cheese until mixture forms a soft ball.
- Shape mix into a log (4cm in diameter) place log in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm.
- Remove log from plastic, roll in poppyseeds, cut into 5mm slices (rounds) & place the rounds about 3cm apart on ungreased oven trays. Sprinkle rounds with a little sea salt.
- Bake rounds in a moderately hot oven for approx 15 minutes or until lightly browned, cool on trays before removing.
- Store in airtight container for 3-4 days.
These were a complete hit at an afternoon tea. They are so quick and easy to make, and have a wonderful texture that is rather like shortbread. Would also be perfect as a nibbly to go with a glass of red wine. Guess I'd better go make some more.
These are soooo easy and soooo yummy!! Mix them in the Cuisinart until the dough balled. (Don't let my mistakes deter you from making them) I didn't roll in poppy seeds--total forgot when taking them out of the fridge-- AND to top it off--sliced them too thin (Metric-challenged tis me. LOL) All that said, they are delicious. Will make again and do it right! Think I might add some herbs too. Yummy leetle treats. Thanks for posting, Tisme!! Made for Photo Swap and Tea Time events in Cooking Photos.