Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I actually haven't had the time to try this recipe yet, but I bet it's really decadent and just totally yummy so I'm posting it here just in case it gets lost in my piles of magazines.
- 2 bosc pears, ripe and firm
- 2 lemons
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 397 g packaged frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 125 g bleu de bresse cheese, cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Peel pears. Rub peeled pears with the cut side of half a lemon.
- Combine water, sugar,and remaining lemons in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes to dissolve the sugar.
- Carefully drop in pears. Simmer and poach pears just until tender (about 20 minutes).
- Remove pears and place in a bowl to cool. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Roll out half the puff pastry on a floured surface just until it's large enough to cut out two 4 inch rounds. Repeat with remaining half of puff pastry, discarding scraps.
- Place pastry rounds on baking sheet and top each with cheese.
- Thinly slice pears and fan over cheese.
- Sprinkle with demerara sugar.
- Bake in the centre of the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until pastry is golden and cheese is bubbling. Remove to a rack to slightly cool.
- Whip cream and 1 tablespoon sugar ina bowl with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Stir in plain yogurt until blended.
- To serve, sprinkle warm tarts with walnuts and a dollop of whipped cream.