Pinaygourmet #345142's Note:
I actually haven't had the time to try this recipe yet, but I bet it's really decadent and just totally yummy so I'm posting it here just in case it gets lost in my piles of magazines.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 bosc pears, ripe and firm
- 2 lemons
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 397 g packaged frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 125 g bleu de bresse cheese, cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar
- 1Peel pears. Rub peeled pears with the cut side of half a lemon.
- 2Combine water, sugar,and remaining lemons in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes to dissolve the sugar.
- 3Carefully drop in pears. Simmer and poach pears just until tender (about 20 minutes).
- 4Remove pears and place in a bowl to cool. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 5Roll out half the puff pastry on a floured surface just until it's large enough to cut out two 4 inch rounds. Repeat with remaining half of puff pastry, discarding scraps.
- 6Place pastry rounds on baking sheet and top each with cheese.
- 7Thinly slice pears and fan over cheese.
- 8Sprinkle with demerara sugar.
- 9Bake in the centre of the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until pastry is golden and cheese is bubbling. Remove to a rack to slightly cool.
- 10Whip cream and 1 tablespoon sugar ina bowl with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- 11Stir in plain yogurt until blended.
- 12To serve, sprinkle warm tarts with walnuts and a dollop of whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Cheese and Pear Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (853 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1227.6
- Calories from Fat 539
- Total Fat 59.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 57.5 mg
- Sodium 281.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 169.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 117.0 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
bleu de bresse cheese