Recipe by Chef Decadent1
Sweet pears and rich blue cheese combine together for an elegant salad. Topped with balsamic vinegar dressing this is bound to get rave reviews alongside any meal or on its own! Another great recipe from Taste of home.
Top Review by marthaciupa
This recipe was a disgrace. Mistakes in the writing and the measurements did not add up. Too much of one thing, not enough of others. Not nearly enough dressing for two salads let alone 4. Think someone needs to test these out before printing. A very disappointing start to our Valentine's Day dinner.
- 3 pears, cored and halved
- 29.57 ml lemon juice
- 78.07 ml water
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 11.09 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 118.29 ml blue cheese, crumbled
- 29.58 ml walnuts
- 44.37 ml green onions, chopped
- 28.39 ml dried cranberries
- 1419.54 ml lettuce (* i use butter lettuce)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pears, cut side down, in a baking dish. Brush with 2 tsp lemon juice. Add water and remaining lemon juice to pan.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until pears are tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl whisk the oil, vinegar salt and pepper. In another bowl combine the , blue cheese, walnuts and onions along with thee dried cranberries.
- Just before serving, divide lettuce among plates; place sliced pears and remainder of ingredients on top and drizzle with balsamic dressing. Enjoy!