1/2 Photos of Blue Cheese and Pear Salad
Chef Decadent1's Note:
Sweet pears and rich blue cheese combine together for an elegant salad. Topped with balsamic vinegar dressing this is bound to get rave reviews alongside any meal or on its own! Another great recipe from Taste of home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 pears, cored and halved
- 6 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 1/4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1/8 cup dried cranberries
- 6 cups lettuce (* i use butter lettuce)
- 1Place pears, cut side down, in a baking dish. Brush with 2 tsp lemon juice. Add water and remaining lemon juice to pan.
- 2Bake uncovered at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until pears are tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- 3In a small bowl whisk the oil, vinegar salt and pepper. In another bowl combine the , blue cheese, walnuts and onions along with thee dried cranberries.
- 4Just before serving, divide lettuce among plates; place sliced pears and remainder of ingredients on top and drizzle with balsamic dressing. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Cheese and Pear Salad
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.9
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 12.6 mg
- Sodium 398.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 5.5 g