Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sweet pears and rich blue cheese combine together for an elegant salad. Topped with balsamic vinegar dressing this is bound to get rave reviews alongside any meal or on its own! Another great recipe from Taste of home.
- 3 pears, cored and halved
- 6 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup dried cranberries
- 6 cups lettuce (* i use butter lettuce)
- Place pears, cut side down, in a baking dish. Brush with 2 tsp lemon juice. Add water and remaining lemon juice to pan.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until pears are tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl whisk the oil, vinegar salt and pepper. In another bowl combine the , blue cheese, walnuts and onions along with thee dried cranberries.
- Just before serving, divide lettuce among plates; place sliced pears and remainder of ingredients on top and drizzle with balsamic dressing. Enjoy!
This recipe was a disgrace. Mistakes in the writing and the measurements did not add up. Too much of one thing, not enough of others. Not nearly enough dressing for two salads let alone 4. Think someone needs to test these out before printing. A very disappointing start to our Valentine's Day dinner.
It was so yum! My SIL asked for the recipe and she owns a cafe!
This was great! It had all the right flavors and they went together very great!! I omitted baking the pears because I didn't have much time to prepare the salad, but I imagine it would be great as well. The only addition I made was adding a little dijoin mustard to the dressing because the olive oil I used was to overpowering. Thanks for posting this recipe Chef Decadent1!!