This recipe works best with a sharp crumbly blue cheese like Maytag, Roquefort or Cabrales.
Make and share this Blue Cheese and Pear Bruschetta recipe from Food.com.
- 2 ripe pears (Bartlett or Anjou)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat leaf parsley, minced
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 baguette, cut into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- Cut pears into a small dice, and place in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle pears with lemon juice and toss. Add the parsley, blue cheese, and oil and toss gently and thoroughly.
- Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat the broiler. Arrange bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast under the broiler until lightly browned and crisp, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Spread each toast round with a teaspoon of mascarpone. Top with a generous tablespoon of the diced pear mixture, mounding it up high and pressing it firmly.
- Finish each one with a sprinkling of walnuts and serve.