1/2 Photos of Blue Cheese and Pear Bruschetta
This recipe works best with a sharp crumbly blue cheese like Maytag, Roquefort or Cabrales.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ripe pears (Bartlett or Anjou)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat leaf parsley, minced
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 baguette, cut into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- 1Cut pears into a small dice, and place in a small bowl.
- 2Sprinkle pears with lemon juice and toss. Add the parsley, blue cheese, and oil and toss gently and thoroughly.
- 3Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- 4Preheat the broiler. Arrange bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast under the broiler until lightly browned and crisp, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- 5Spread each toast round with a teaspoon of mascarpone. Top with a generous tablespoon of the diced pear mixture, mounding it up high and pressing it firmly.
- 6Finish each one with a sprinkling of walnuts and serve.
Browse Our Top Pears Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pears Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Cheese and Pear Bruschetta
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.7
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.6 mg
- Sodium 889.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 14.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: