Recipe by IngridNL
Delicious and filling savory pasta. Excellent with toasted garlic bread and a nice mixed salad. First made this up when I had nothing in the fridge but a little block of cheese, some mushrooms, and a tiny tub of sour cream. The experiment paid off!
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 cups a variety of mushrooms, such as morel,shiitake,oyster (sliced)
- 5 tablespoons crumbled mild blue cheese (Danish or Saga)
- 4 ounces containers yoghurt
- 1⁄4 cup creme fraiche
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- parmesan cheese
- whatever pasta, very nice with anything curly that will catch the sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion and garlic in butter or olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms, sautee until soft.
- Add the blue cheese, yoghurt, and creme frais.
- Stir until heated through and the BlueCheese is melting.
- Pepper to taste.
- Just before you take the sauce off the stove, add salt and pepper to taste.
- A dash of Cayenne is really nice.
- Server over hot pasta and sprinkle with freshly ground parmasean and chopped parsley.