1/1 Photo of Blue Cheese and Mushroom Pasta
Delicious and filling savory pasta. Excellent with toasted garlic bread and a nice mixed salad. First made this up when I had nothing in the fridge but a little block of cheese, some mushrooms, and a tiny tub of sour cream. The experiment paid off!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 cups a variety of mushrooms, such as morel,shiitake,oyster (sliced)
- 5 tablespoons crumbled mild blue cheese (Danish or Saga)
- 4 ounces containers yoghurt
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche
- black pepper
- 1/4 cup parsley
- parmesan cheese
- whatever pasta, very nice with anything curly that will catch the sauce
- 1Saute the onion and garlic in butter or olive oil over medium heat.
- 2Add the mushrooms, sautee until soft.
- 3Add the blue cheese, yoghurt, and creme frais.
- 4Stir until heated through and the BlueCheese is melting.
- 5Pepper to taste.
- 6Just before you take the sauce off the stove, add salt and pepper to taste.
- 7A dash of Cayenne is really nice.
- 8Server over hot pasta and sprinkle with freshly ground parmasean and chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Cheese and Mushroom Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.1
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 64.0 mg
- Sodium 340.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 9.8 g