Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious and filling savory pasta. Excellent with toasted garlic bread and a nice mixed salad. First made this up when I had nothing in the fridge but a little block of cheese, some mushrooms, and a tiny tub of sour cream. The experiment paid off!
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 cups a variety of mushrooms, such as morel,shiitake,oyster (sliced)
- 5 tablespoons crumbled mild blue cheese (Danish or Saga)
- 4 ounces containers yoghurt
- 1⁄4 cup creme fraiche
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- parmesan cheese
- whatever pasta, very nice with anything curly that will catch the sauce
- Saute the onion and garlic in butter or olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms, sautee until soft.
- Add the blue cheese, yoghurt, and creme frais.
- Stir until heated through and the BlueCheese is melting.
- Pepper to taste.
- Just before you take the sauce off the stove, add salt and pepper to taste.
- A dash of Cayenne is really nice.
- Server over hot pasta and sprinkle with freshly ground parmasean and chopped parsley.
If you like Blue Cheese and Mushrooms, this recipe is a must try. Easy to make. Delicious
It is my bed time so I have to type quick. Very nice and simple, but it would of helped a lot if the recipe had been a little more detailed. Thanks a lot for a great meal, I just hope others enjoy it as much as I do to! From Harry "I'm a kid, and I can do it!"
This was delicious. I used cremini mushrooms and all sour cream in lieu of yogurt and creme fraiche. My five year old even asked for seconds. This will definitely be in our recipe rotation from now on.