If you love Blue Cheese like I do, you will find this a real treat. Choose a mild blue cheese, such as Danish Blue or Gorgonzola.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups sour cream
- 6 ounces mild blue cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350*F and lightly butter or oil a baking dish large enough to hold the chicken breasts in a single layer.
- 2Stir together sour cream, blue cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, and parsley in a bowl and set aside.
- 3Combine the flour, rosemary, salt and pepper in a shallow dish and stir to mix.
- 4Coat the chicken in the flour evenly, patting to remove excess.
- 5Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium high heat just until it is beginning to brown.
- 6Add the chicken and cook until browned, about 4 minutes per side, without crowding the skillet (cook in batches, if need be).
- 7Transfer the chicken to the baking dish, skin side up if using breasts with skin.
- 8Spread the blue cheese mixture evenly over the chicken.
- 9Combine the bread crumbs with the melted butter and parmesan cheese, stirring to mix.
- 10Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the chicken and bake until the topping is nicely browned and the chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes (until juices run clear when pierced with the tip of a knife through the thickest part).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Cheese and Lemon Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 807.2
- Calories from Fat 473
- Total Fat 52.6 g
- Saturated Fat 28.5 g
- Cholesterol 175.4 mg
- Sodium 1282.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 44.4 g