Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you love Blue Cheese like I do, you will find this a real treat. Choose a mild blue cheese, such as Danish Blue or Gorgonzola.
- 1 1⁄3 cups sour cream
- 6 ounces mild blue cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350*F and lightly butter or oil a baking dish large enough to hold the chicken breasts in a single layer.
- Stir together sour cream, blue cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, and parsley in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine the flour, rosemary, salt and pepper in a shallow dish and stir to mix.
- Coat the chicken in the flour evenly, patting to remove excess.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium high heat just until it is beginning to brown.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned, about 4 minutes per side, without crowding the skillet (cook in batches, if need be).
- Transfer the chicken to the baking dish, skin side up if using breasts with skin.
- Spread the blue cheese mixture evenly over the chicken.
- Combine the bread crumbs with the melted butter and parmesan cheese, stirring to mix.
- Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the chicken and bake until the topping is nicely browned and the chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes (until juices run clear when pierced with the tip of a knife through the thickest part).
This was a very good recipe. The chicken came out tender and juicy. I followed the directions except for the lemon zest, which turned out for the best because the lemon juice was a bit too strong. I think the bleu cheese I used may have been too mild. The strength of the cheese might be something to keep in mind when you are trying this recipe. I will definately make it again, just with less lemon juice. I am sure then it will be a five star!Thank you for sharing such a delicious dish!