Recipe by juniperwoman
This recipe appeared in a book called Christmas with Southern Living 2004, and it looks beautiful! The key to its gorgeous appearance are tiny sprigs of fresh herbs, which are pressed into the dough. Pour some wine and you’re ready to have a posh party!
- 8 ounces crumbled blue cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup walnut pieces (toasted and ground)
- 1 egg white, beaten
- fresh herb, tiny sprigs (try rosemary, thyme, or sage)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat cheese and butter at medium speed with a an electric mixer until creamy. Add flour and nuts; beat until blended.
- Shape dough into 2 (8") logs. Wrap logs in wax paper, and chill 2 hours or until firm. Cut into 1/4" thick slices, and place on lightly greased baking sheets. Brush lightly with beaten egg white. Press herb sprigs firmly into each slice.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until golden. Cool 1 minute on baking sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.