Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy and just right for a blue cheese lover.
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup pure butter
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Peel potatoes and cut into chunks.
- Cook in boiling water for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork; drain well.
- Mash with a potato masher or mixer until smooth and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Return to stove and cook for a few minutes more until very hot.
This is a great way to add a little something to plain ol' mashed potatoes. My husband loves blue cheese so I doubled the blue cheese and it still didn't overpower the recipe. I also added a little milk to make them creamier (for my husband) but I served my own portion before I added the milk - I love them thick and chunky! Thanks for posting!
I really liked the flavours in this potato dish the added blue cheese is not overpowering and gives it a nice creamy texture..and the chives just give it a mild onion flavour..very nice...thanks for sharing