Recipe by KathyP53
These are easy drop biscuits jazzed up a bit with cheese and chives.
Top Review by The Thorn of Hudson, FL
These had a good taste to them, but they didn't look like much -they spread all over the 1st pan, the second pan was better but they still didn't look like biscuits. I'll make them again - just to see what happens :)
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons chilled butter, cut in small pieces
- 4 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Blend flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt together in large bowl. Add butter and mix in with pastry cutter, fingers, or two forks until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Add cheeses and chives and blend in with fingers.
- Whisk buttermilk and egg together in small bowl. Stir into flour mixture, blending just until moistened.
- Use ice cream scoop to measure out and shape dough for each biscuit. Drop dough onto buttered and floured baking sheets (or use silpat liners)two inches apart.
- Bake 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and toothpick inserted in center of biscuit comes out clean. Serve warm with butter.