Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from a magazine
- 500 g pasta, shapes
- 3 cups chopped cleaned spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red chili, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped blue cheese
- 10 white button mushrooms, quartered (optional)
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until just tender.
- Add the spinach for the last 2 minutes of cooking time.
- Drain and tip back into the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and chilli and mushrooms if using, fry, stirring for 6-8 minutes until softened.
- Add the onion mixture and the chopped cheese to the pasta pot.
- Mix together, then heat gently for 1-2 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Scatter over the pine nuts and serve immediately.